Sunday, May 21, 2017

Leslie, Asiate & Central Park on a Sunday

Okay....it's been a very warm and fuzzy feeling surrounding me these last couple of months.  My friends & family celebrating my 60th in extraordinary ways!  WOWSA!  Kathy & Tony in Orlando, Nikki's Surprise Party with all the near & dear to my heart, JHS 65's treat to a GU Banquet, Ronna to Bethany Beach and yesterday's brunch with Leslie.

When she first suggested Asiate, I said "no!".  It was way high-end in terms of place and cost!  But Leslie said if there was ever a time that I would want to try Asiate - this would be it.  So I acquiesced and boy, am I glad I did!

We were originally to meet a few times prior but postponed for good reasons.  Probably all for the best since today was a perfect day to be "high in the sky".

I arrived 25 min early but was able to wait comfortably in the posh lobby and people-watched which is always fascinating.  Leslie arrived with a lovely floral arrangement.  Sooo sweet and fragrant.

The Chihuly chandlier in the front lobby

Seated in the inner lobby's waiting area

My lovely bouquet


Peonies...my favorite - were extremely fragrant

We whoosed up to the 35th floor and was immediately awe-struck with the floor to ceiling semi-circular views!  Leslie had said she opted for this restaurant because it was my favorite colors and yes, my senses & eyes were so happy!

35th Floor lobby with another Chihuly piece

Breakfast bar


Inside Asiate: Are these my colors or are these my colors?

We were seated right in front of the view to Central Park and Columbus Circle.  Prime.  The fuscia center piece against the white table cloth was so pleasing!


Window right in front of me!

View below us





And in such a chic place, I thought the waitstaff would be "snobby" but no...our waiter was so warm and attentive!

We received the prix-fixe menu which consisted of 3 courses: 4 choices of apps, 6 main entrees and 2 desserts.  As we started to decide....our waiter said to make it easy on us...we each receive all 4 of the apps and both desserts!  WHATTTT?  Fabulous!!  We just had to decide on an entree.  Wow!  For drinks, besides water, we opted for ice coffee.


Bread basket was chocked full of various rolls and pastries. And very tasty~!



The apps came as an "Amuse Bouche" and was simply lovely.
From left-right: seared tuna, chia pudding, foie gras, carrot soup

I had to go with the Long Island Duck Breast and Leslie, Smoked Salmon Eggs Benedict.



Our desserts were a Chocolate Tart (with a caramel base) and a Banana Torte that was coconut cream and white chocolate - yummmmmm


As we were exiting, there was a sweets bar with small Chinese take-out containers to fill.  I wish I thought to take a photo but it caught us off-guard.


I will say...it's costly.  $64 pp.  So definitely for a special occasion and not an everyday kind of thing.

The rest rooms off the lobby were exquisite...at least - as rest rooms go - I now know where to go if in need:


Liquid soap and lotion plus cloth hand towels


The concierge was great in holding my flowers while we went for a walk and even gave a MO shopping bag to carry the whole arrangement which came in very handy!.

We left for Central Park:






It was a perfect day for a stroll:


In all the years, I never did see "Imagine" - I am sure I've been to Strawberry Fields but it wasn't named that at the time.  So happy to have seen both:









Some of the "wild life" we encountered

Seeing this was pretty special!

Poser

There were many turtles of all sizes swimming around the Mallard

Raccoon and two Mallards



I Love NY!

No comments: