Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Balthazar!

Winnie had gotten ticket to Wendy for May 31st and invited me to join her & Connie.  I agreed. Then she had insisted on our traditional birthday "meal" treat.  I wanted to bow out of that since I've had many celebrations that she was a part of but in the end, I agreed.  Because if the situation was reversed, I would have insisted also!

She chose the place...Balthazar!  A place I've been wanting to go to in like for-ever! I chose the date and the "time",  Lunch after Wendy seemed perfect!

It rained in the morning but cleared up by the time we left Wendy's.  A quick ride downtown and we were seated in the very French inspired restaurant.

There was no doubt we would order the escargot as an appetizer.  Very extravagant since it's $20 an order but wow-wow-wow!  Sooooo G-O-O-D!  We were probably making more noise than need be but it met all expectation and beyond.  Happiness prevailed as Winnie had her burger and I had my eggplant sandwich!

A terrific check-off my bucket list.  A fantastic treat from my BFF. I am really enjoying being 60!





Finally!


Awesome!!







No comments: