Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Cayman Island - Day 3

Woke up early once again...as the roosters crowed!

Made my egg & turkey, toast breakfast.  Coffee.

Sat out on the beach in the morning. I took a 30 min walk on the beach then washed up to head into town.  Sorry....beaches and water are always photo-ops!

Walked over to Morritt's Grand Resort - resort next door

Those yellow/blue buildings is the Wyndham Reef Resort - it's a nice walk

From the Morritt's dock





I love the symmetry of the three loungers facing the ocean



Wanted to show Winnie 7 mile beach.  I felt a bit nervous driving over there knowing it would be a busier area with many side streets but I had done some homework the night before and mapped out a more straight away route even if it took longer.  Scenic route.

It worked out pretty well.  We did come across passing showers but when we reached "town" it was sunny again.  We came upon the cruise terminal first...Georgetown.  Then drove along West Bay Rd which brought back many memories.  Some looked the same, others not so much...a lot of new construction. 

We stopped at a few of the shopping malls hoping to get some souvenirs but didn't find any!  We ended up driving up and down West Bay Rd a few times and finally settled on a public beach access so I could show Winnie the beach. Looked just as wonderful as I remembered! Very different from the east end which has reefs and a more "shell-y" beach and 7 Mile is more powder with calmer surf.

Seven Mile Beach



Drive back was uneventful...I didn't get lost except for one wrong turn but we knew right away it was the wrong road and easily rectified the mistake.

We decided on Eagle Ray Dive Bar & Grill for dinner.  Great place.  We shared an appetizer platter and lion fish tacos.  Delish!


Yellow Submarine outfront

Starting to "collect" these beach directional signs





Seated at the bar overlooking the ocean


Their collection of license plates

Faced the kitchen

Apps: chicken wings, fried calamari, pulled pork, coconut shrimp, lobster spring rolls, conch fritter
& various dipping sauces

Lion Fish Tacos

Their diving dock and didn't see the rainbow until I checked out the photo


No comments: