Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Bethany Beach - Last Day

On our last full day - May 2nd - after another hearty breakfast - Ronna, Luna and I took a walk on the beach.  We could not have been more blessed with the wonderful weather!

As you can see from the pictures, hardly anyone on the beach.  Ronna would tossed the balls and Luna would go get them.  Never wanting to released any she caught but then another would be tossed and although she tried and sometimes, succeeded - it was hard to hold 2 balls in her mouth.

At some point, she lost one of the 3 balls.  I, in turn, lost my key card!  We walked for over 2 hours.  I know I could have received another key card but I just hate losing things!  On the way back, I kept scanning the beach for the key card which was blue so could be easily spotted against all that beige. Luna, on the other hand, out of nowhere - dug up the lost ball!!  A-mazing!!  It was probably the best moment with her!  I told her if she found my key card, she could sleep in my bed!  Luckily - I found it myself!!  So great!!

We washed up and went in search of salt water taffy requested by a pregnant girlfriend of Ronna's. There was one souvenir shop opened and we found it there.  Too bad all the "home-made candy" shops were closed for the season!  We both got frozen custard because we felt we just HAD to have some while on a boardwalk!  Ronna also noticed that Bethany BBQ Blues was opened for business. One of the restaurants that I researched so at least I got one!  We decided to go there for dinner.  A very easy walk from the hotel.

Ronna had a citrus shrimp beet salad and I had a "make your own combo" BBQ platter.  It was HUGE! Pulled pork and brisket - so tasty and I couldn't finished but a third of it.  With a fridge and my ice pack, I was able to take it home!  And enjoyed it for many days to come!





No comments: