Thursday, November 20, 2008

Who's that Girl?



You see these 2 photos? When I was very young, these two photos were in my mother’s photo album. The size of both pictures is 2x2 so it is pretty tiny. I recognized my mother right away but who the heck was the little girl in the party dress with the dolly? I became extremely envious. This little girl with my mother…who looked very happy to be with her. Harumph!

For the longest time I wondered. But I never asked. I think I was too scared to hear the answer. Finally a few years ago…just a few years!…while perusing the album, I casually asked my mother who this imp was? Even as an adult, I was nervous and insecure! My mother peered closely at the photos? "Who? This little girl? Why…it’s you, of course!" Me???? I was floored. All this time. I could have been admiring “me” instead of resenting “her”. Sigh…..but now with scanners, (a wonderful thing)…I am able to “blow” up these pictures and really see it for the first time!

No comments: