So I will just do a slight update of what has been happening. My health issues are being held in check which I am very happy about. The only medication that I was prescribed was for my high cholesterol and that is the only thing I haven’t been able to monitor. I have been able to control the glucose level by checking every morning and logging everything I eat. I have found that rice is not a friend of mine. And I absolutely love rice. Now the only time I partake is when I have sushi and even then, I try to have more sashimi than sushi. The blood pressure was/is a challenge. My doctor had suggested that if I didn’t have a personal meter that I should check it at a drug store where they have the readers. Walmart had one and every time I went in there (which was quite often) - I would test my level. I would be so anxious that I felt my heart racing and while the cuff squeezed my arm, I would get light-headed and thought I could pass out any second. In the beginning, the numbers would be high..averaging 140/90. Not great. But the last couple of weeks, I have seen the numbers drop to the 120’s / 80’s. And yesterday I actually had a reading of 118/82. I was ecstatic! I don’t really know what I’m doing in particular - I am assuming being very careful of my diet and trying to keep active has helped. I just need to keep at it.
I did leave the house yesterday and took a walk around the neighborhood and I didn't even need a coat...I just wore a Nike's warm up jacket and I was fine...I ended up at Marshalls..(wink) but I only took $5 with me so I didn't have money to buy anything and thank goodness...I could see I would have been standing on that long check-out line, loaded down with goodies! Ha! Although I did find a pair of tongs for cooking that I really liked and need and it cost only $4.99 (which I have always seen for $9.99 and up) so I wanted it but I only had the $5 bill and no change so wouldn't have had enough to cover the tax so I hid the tong in the hopes I will go back and buy it! OMG...the things I am doing now!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment