
I’ve been on the look-out for the sales. Last year, Kathy and I teamed up to try to make the $300 purchase allowed for a free turkey at Shop Rite. We made it. This year we tried again but it seems harder to reach that number. And then lo and behold, this week, I see that Stop & Shop is offering Shady Farm for 59 cents a pound with no minimum purchase. And I have a $1 coupon. I am so there. The only problem…room in the freezer or the fridge. Fridge would not be too much of a problem. Freezer another story and if I buy the turkey now, I would have to keep it in the freezer.
So I sacrificed myself. I am trying to eat a low sugar, low carb and low sodium diet…yeah…I know…lovely. But when I looked in my freezer today to gauge how much room I can make, I noticed a box of Aunt Jemima’s Griddle Cakes that I haven’t touched since my diabetes diagnosis. There was only one in there. I did my 10,000 steps this morning. So I ate it. Now I’ve made room…for maybe a drumstick.
No comments:
Post a Comment