Whenever I know I need to get up early for something, my body wakes me up every hour on the hour to remind me. So before the alarm could go off at 4am, I was up. I actually debated for one second before washing my face and brushing my teeth. Once I did that…my one closed eye was opened and I was committed. I was out of the house by 4:15.
I had originally thought I would just sauntered to the Old Navy near my home. Yeah-right. It was dark, cold and if I got to the store and it was packed…the walk home would have been torturous. I got in my car. Thank goodness I did. As I got closer to the area where ON is situated, I could already see throngs of people on the street. To get to ON, you need to use an escalator which wasn’t assessable yet because of the hour. But there were at least 100 people already winding their way from the escalator to the end of the block and possibly further back since I couldn’t see that far! I kept driving.
I headed instead to the ON I actually prefer. It took me 10 minutes to get there since there was no traffic on the road. As I pulled into their parking lot, I could see there were about a dozen people in line. Now, this was more like it! I stood behind the 12th person and it was 4:30. The store was empty, lit up and all the clothes were neatly displayed ready for us on the outside to start rummaging through.
Thankfully, the weather was not bad. There was a chill in the air but I was prepared and had dressed warmly. I even brought along a book to read. At 10 minutes to, someone came out of the store and handed out the requisite bracelets. I clutched mine in hand. My inner self was jumping for joy. Another dozen people showed up behind me. I think the reason for the low turnout is because this store is not close to a subway. You need to get there by bus or car. Better for me.
They did have good deals especially on their fleece wear which I needed for my walking exercise during the winter season. Once browsing was done, I went to the check-out line. I handed in my bracelet and was rewarded with my treasure. The Samsung “Pebble” MP3 player in a sleek black. Back in my PJ’s by 6am. Sure, I could have stayed sleeping in my nice warm bed and just gone to the store and pay $40for it but then I wouldn’t get this euphoric rush of getting something for nothing! Woo-Hoo!
1 comment:
Good Morning! I also braved the dark morning and got to ON by 4:30 and it wasn't too bad. I was like the 30th person in line at the SOHO store. Exactly at 5am, I went in, tried on some jeans, found one and picked up 2 long sleeved tees and I even used my 10%survey and was out the door with the cute MP3 player by 5:40! A very happy camper ;-)
Post a Comment