Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Sisters, Sisters and more Sisters

I have one daughter, Nicole (Nikki) but she has many “sisters” which I am grateful for. Both my sisters have daughters and my nieces, Kristina and Miranda are close to Nikki. I love their relationships. Kristina is 4 months older than Nikki and their rapport delights Kathy and myself. Their banter is light-hearted and sometimes quite edgy but it all comes out of knowing each other and growing up together since birth.


Nikki & Kris

Miranda is 14 years younger than Nikki and you would think there wouldn’t be much in common. But from an early age, Nikki has always shown maternal instincts. Children normally gravitate towards her - sometimes whether she likes it or not. So it's no surprise that Miranda is Nikki’s "kid sister" and there couldn’t be a more loving fun twosome. Nikki took Miranda shopping on Sunday and it appears as if they had a pretty wild time.


Nikki & Miranda.............Shopping...........................At Yankee Stadium

Nikki has a god-sister, Isabel who is 8 years old. Nikki doesn’t get to see her as much since Izzy lives in Virginia but when they do see each other…it’s pretty wonderful.


Nikki & Izzy

And then of course, there’s Ginger. Another very special “sister”. Ginger is a big part of our family. She is too smart and cute for words!


Nikki & Ginger

So I am fortunate that Nikki has all these "sisters" in her life because growing up with sisters is such a special thing. There is nothing like it. I ought to know.
Here are my own fabulous sisters and me!


Kathy, Me & Evelyn............Kathy,Evelyn & Me

1 comment:

Winnie said...

What great photos of all the girls! Ginger included ;-) Thanks for sharing - friend to friend - sister to sister