Saturday, March 25, 2017

Woos' Turn

I do deem myself lucky that I still have a good relationship with Stan.  Let's face it...I've known him all my life...he's the father of my daughter...I might not always agree with him but I will always care about him!

I met him on Friday for my favorite sushi lunch.  He wanted to take me out for my birthday and I wanted to catch up on what was going on with him. It was a fun lunch!  Afterwards, I stepped in next door to Baskin Robbins for my free ice cream cone...coconut nut!  Terrific way to finish off my lunch!





On Saturday, I met up with Julia in Forest Hills.  I asked to dine in one of my other favorite places in Queens...La Cabana.  Daniel and I used to celebrate our company anniversary there and it's always festive and more importantly, great food!  I admit, I haven't been in years so this was a special treat!

I call the block it's located on - "Restaurant Row" because as you can see, there are restaurant after restaurant on this side of the block.  Some have come and gone.  In fact, many have gone but new ones take over.  Fortunately La Cabana has been around at least 20 years!  And lunch was still as I remembered it.  I got the delectable chicken chicharrones.  Did not disappoint!  Julia ordered the La Playa salad chocked full of shrimp and scallops. Sweet of the waitress to make our shared dessert of banana zeppoles into a "birthday" message!




Julia's La Playa Salad

My Chicharrones





No comments: