Thursday, March 2, 2017

March 2 - Animal Kingdom

Ahhhh....Animal Kingdom!  A funny inside story between me & Kathy!  Last year, when I had a 2 day pass and tried to figure which 2 parks to visit, Kathy advised me not to see AK...as she put it "a waste of time"!!  I had never been.  When it had first opened in 1998, Nikki and I tried for a visit but alas, we weren't able to because they closed for whatever problems they were having.

I was ready to listen to Kathy's advice but then the only park that I would be able to meet up with Nikki was AK.  What could Kathy say...except "it's up to you".  I said "Animal Kingdom".  But we saw Nikki very briefly and then Kathy who had set up all the fast passes...quickly whisked me through one attraction to another and pooh-poohing the ones she felt had no real entertainment value. We were done by 1pm!  And on our way back home when Nikki called to asked where were we so we could see a few things together!  Oh well...that's the way it goes.

 During the rest of Kathy & Tony's stay in Florida 2016 - their friends, Dennis & Maria showed them how to really enjoy Disney and in particular - AK!  From that moment on...I felt every time I spoke to Kathy, she had just visited AK!! Again! Harumphed!!  LOL!!

So this time...we were going to do it right and see as much as I wanted and she even agreed to stay for the new River of Lights show which is at night - folks!!  You know my sis...she doesn't venture out at night if she can help it!

Nikki kept insisting we HAD to try the ribs at AK.  Again...another thing Kathy doesn't do...buy food at Disney but this year, being an annual pass holder, she was allowed a 20% discount at certain things.  The Flame Tree BBQ was one and they serve ribs.  We were pleasantly surprised!  We ordered a chicken and rib combo and besides being delicious - it was a good amount of food!

Tony left us after the meal.  Kathy and I went to see about catching The Lion King and although we were going to make a pit stop at restrooms nearby, I noticed there were few people on line so I asked if we could try for it.  Next thing we know, we were led through another entrance, into the show which had already began and given 2 reserved seats!  Plop!  We were IN!!  Total VIP service...we were befuddled and flummoxed but LOVED it!!

The River of Lights is a new light show and only put on a few nights a week.  I think they're still working out the kinks.  In the meantime, because we knew seating could be limited, we lined up 3 hours before the show! Seems kind of crazy now but I'm glad we got to see it!
















My kissing Winnie as she asked..:)

The great ribs and chicken!


River Of Lights















No comments: