After my lovely day spent with Nikki, I had a birthday dim sum lunch treated by Daniel the next day. Always wonderful to see him and catch up.
Then on Friday, I got a much needed manicure but went the extra mile and paired it with a pedi. I am going to a new salon after my old salon went out of business. And like a trusted hair dresser, a good manicurist is hard to find. I had been going to Inga for decades when I was in Forest Hills and CSI. When I left and money started to get tight, I gave up mani's & pedi's. Sad but true. Then my 35th HS reunion rolled around and I wanted my nails to look good and started up again. Found a place closer to home and after a few technicians, finally settled on Grace. I couldn't believe that pedi's were now $18-$20! When I was getting them, they were $10 so I did my own. When Grace closed up her business, I found a new salon also in the "hood" and loved the decor and new fandango equipment. I have been saying...if I opened a salon, this is what the salon would look like! After a false start, I found my new "girl"...Mandy and then I discovered their pedi's are $15 but the real plus was the look of the pedi area. Very plush and elegant. I wanted to experience it even if only once. And what better time than my birthday week.

Photo courtesy of Niki L.@YELP
As I sat in the chair waiting, I was set up for the massage portion and I have tried other massage chairs but this one was unbelievable. It felt as if someone was behind me and was pushing and pressing all the right spots on my sore back. O-M-G! It lasted about 15 min. and I found the controls and had another go at it! I kept thinking I wanted to sit in the chair all day! The pedi was also fabulous especially when the pedi girl wrapped my cracked heels in paraffin...my heels are still nice and soft!
Today - the pampering continued! This time...a 2 hour massage. Yep. 2 hours. Water Lily Spa on Broome and Elizabeth offers 2 - one hour treatments for $100. What a deal! I invited Nikki along and it's a no-frills place but that also means no hard sell for other things. They offer 9 different treatments for this deal. I chose aromatherapy and reflexology. Nikki, aromatherapy and deep tissue. And even better yet...I purchased Spa Wish gift certificates - $100 value for $70! Almost a crime not to take advantage!
Prior to the spa visit, I got my hair trimmed, spent some time with my mom and after the spa, Tom met up with us and we all enjoyed a Vietnamese dinner. (It has been a full day!)
Friday I will meet up with Laura from Home Lines days. We have an annual "catch-up" lunch out on Long Island. Always good to see old friends.
Then Leslie, a virtual new friend (met her in 1999 at a Singles Club Med resort) is taking me for a birthday brunch at Colicchio & Sons. I will be sure to take some pictures. So stay tuned!
No comments:
Post a Comment