Wednesday, March 21, 2012

An Absolutely Awesome Day!

And the celebration continues! I made a date with Nikki to meet in the city by Herald Square to try to collect as many birthday freebies as we could! It was a truly awesome day!

First off, I had a doctor's appointment who happens to also be in the area and my report was really good!! Dr Tung and I were very happy and I flew off to meet Nikki on 34th Street. She had already been to Sephora to pick up her b-day lip duo. She also picked up a gift card for me. :-) and presented me 3 cupcakes from Baby Cakes.

(Two chocolate & one Red Velvet)


Then we went across the street to DSW where we looked at shoes and I used my b-day $5 DSW gift and picked up a small ID wallet. On to Macy's. I got a Coffee Buzz Buzz cone at Ben & Jerry's located on the 4th floor. Yep...free. While there, I also picked up some costume jewelry for myself & Nikki along with a very cute color-blocked dress for Nikki. I was able to use my Macy's gift cards that I received from answering surveys on-line. Cha-ching!

We walked along 6th Avenue towards downtown until we reached 19th Street where I stopped into the Container Store and easily picked up my b-day gift from them. A reusable "Happy" tote.

Across the way at Old Navy, Nikki picked up 6 tee shirts while I got a fleecy type sweatshirt and shorts using a $15 off $50 birthday voucher. (Since I hadn't gotten anything for Nikki yet, this was also a birthday shopping spree dedicated to her...)

From there, we went crosstown to City Crab! I had b-day vouchers for Big Daddy's and Dukes but Nikki suggested City Crab and I'm so glad she did!

City Crab's "gift" is a free entree - value up to $40! I opted for the "New England Steamer" pot consisting of lobster, mussels, clams, scallops, King crab legs, shrimp, andouille sausage and corn on the cob. (cost: $33.) Nikki went with the Lobster Cobb Salad. ($22) And yep...$33 came off the bill)What a deal!
And it was FA-BU-LOUS!




My Steamer Pot


Nikki's Cobb Salad





Ready to dig in with my lobster bib



So I did very well...getting many of my birthday "goodies. Doing it with Nikki was a super bonus which made the whole day so wonderful! Fan-tan-bu-lous!! Loving my birthday more and more despite the age thing. LOL

2 comments:

Evelyn said...

Wow -- what an awesome day. I need to get some birthday tips from you ... how did you swing all those freebies???? xoxo

Esther said...

And I didn't even mentioned that last week, I had picked up my Sephora birthday gift (the lip duo) and a sandwich (value: $7.50)at Au Bon Pain. :-)
And of course, there's the Ruby Tuesday "Handcrafted Burger"...I still have to get free ice cream from Coldstone & Baskin Robbins. Plus a free drink at Dunkin' Doughnuts! It's ALL GOOD!! LOL!
Basically...you just sign up on the various web-sites and then wait for all the offers to come in!