Friday, September 25, 2015

Pacificana

The weekend of 9.25.15 was chocked full of "doings".  Some planned awhile ago, others last minute but all dealt with food of some kind!

I knew I was leaving upstate for a reunion of the Sherman group planned for Saturday night.  On Wednesday, I received an invite from Winnie to a banquet held in Sunset Park on Friday night. Her father had purchased a table. I had never been to Sunset Park but heard of it.  To say it was an eye-opener is an understatement!  8th Avenue is Chinatown!  The banquet was held at the Pacificana restaurant on 55th & 8th Ave.  A sort of fund raiser for a pagoda to be erected in the area.  Winnie's father received a Lifetime Achievement award. There was a lot of entertainment....from the Lion dance, award presentation, singers, a young girl played the lute to a bevy of Asian ladies parading their cheong-sams.  Throughout it all was the yummy food!  It was great to see Lily and meet her family!  I love a Chinese banquet and am fortunate to get an invite!!  Thanks, Winnie!!


Mr. Moy receiving his award
The Ladies
Cold Platter appetizer
Shrimp
Peking Pork Chops
Abalone, mushrooms & baby bok choy
Lobster
Sea Bass
Liz, Krista & Jason (Lily's son & his girlfriend)

No comments: