Friday was party day. The guys invited some of their friends and neighbors for a get-together. We girls got out of Daniel's hair by going to breakfast at Rosie's...a local diner. Loved it!! The bread is baked on site and OMG...to die for! I would go back just for that!
We had about 17 people altogether - buffet-style outdoors and Willy made giant bubbles delighting everyone.
 |
| Eggs and sausage at Rosie's |
 |
| Left to right: Daniel, Theresa, Jane, Cheryl & Odilia |
 |
The spread: spinach pie, grilled veggies, Asian cole slaw, dill cucumbers,
pesto tortellini, pork loin, beef tenderloin |
 |
| Lily (Cheryl's granddaughter) with a frog |
 |
Willy starting the bubbles - he made the "wand" - I mixed the concoction
Willy - Lily - Paul - Emma |
 |
| Lily licking the bubble |
 |
| Mastering the bubbles! |
Our last full day - Saturday - was hot and humid. Made me feel very lethargic. But we went to the Farmer's Market in town. It's small. But I guess the fellas wanted the gals to have something to do while they went to the dump to throw away garbage. When the guys came back for us, I had probably walked the market 10 times already...finally buying lemonade to refresh myself. We meandered in to town and the general store. I loved it in there because they had AC! Bumped into Cheryl and then went to her farm to pick vegetables. I thought it would be a "patch" in her backyard. I didn't know she had a acre or so to farm! And there were all kinds of goodies...we got basil, tomatoes and cucumbers. What a treasure trove and she doesn't sell it so she is over-run with produce. Have to say...it's a lot of work!!
We had dinner of left-overs from the party so it was a feast. Added to all that food was grilled salmon and oh my...that was incredible! We worked it off by going back into town for some square dancing! Now that was an experience. It reminded me of 4th grade when Mrs Bochinis taught us the Maypole dance and the Virginia reel. I didn't know the lingo but caught on quickly with the do-si-do and promenade. Ended the night with a sweet waltz. :) And key lime pie.
 |
| Fanny in the center of the farmer's market |
 |
| What I wouldn't have given to soak my feet in this brook |
 |
| Cheryl's Farm |
 |
| Lily and her much prized pumpkin |
 |
| Our last supper |
No comments:
Post a Comment