Saturday, August 8, 2015

Asian Jade Annual Picnic


Oh dear....I have really dropped the ball in updating this blog.  Sorry.  And so much has happened between the 4th of July and now!  I will fill in the gaps at some point but I can't even think when I will since even more things are happening in the future.  Don't worry...I'll figure it all out.

In the meantime..let me report on TODAY!  I attended the Jade Society's annual picnic.  Kathy rarely wants to go although Tony is pretty good about his appearances.  Last year when he returned and described his day, I said we had to go next year and here we are! I actually forgot I said that but I was game regardless!

It was a perfect day for their event.  Mid 80's, low humidity and not super sunny so you didn't roast in the boiling heat.  Tony & Kathy picked me up and we entered the ever busy LIE and headed towards an estate that was simply amazing!

The owners are huge patrons of the police department and offer out their home to the different organizations for their gatherings.  I believe this was the 5th year for the Asian Jades...and even Tony thought it wasn't worth going when he heard that the event was in someone's backyard.  How crowded that would be since it used to be at Roosevelt Park.

Well....it is not a simple backyard.  It is - to put it simply - an estate!  Gorgeous lawns that trail down to the water overlooking Long Island bay.  And it looks like you're on a public park but no...you're on private property!  Holy Cow! These pictures don't do it justice but it's all I have!

The "Backyard" - the house is in the background.There's a pool, pool house which is the building to the left and BBQ pit. A tent that is erected to the right - has lights and fans and is there year-round.



Kathy & Tony walking ahead of me to take in the beautiful view

Food was meats on the barbie...burgers, hot dogs, pork chops, short ribs, steak and chicken.  Many different pasta dishes, an array of  condiments of pickles, peppers, olives, onion and salads.  A varied selection of sweets: cookies, cupcakes, chocolate cake, birthday cake, cheesecake and lemon meringue pie to name a few.




One of my plates among many!  


Everyone enjoyed the pool...especially the kids!
The owner's dog roamed all over
We sat and dined under that tent.



Tony, Kathy & their friend, Cathy
Cathy asked for this "set-up" shot which came out quite well! LOL
Robert & Cathy - Kathy & Tony....former co-workers and good friends

Some selfies...xoxo

Had a really great time!!  

No comments: