Here's the strange thing. This year I had the least amount of "guests" for the annual 4th of July foray but I cooked as much and cleaned as much but didn't take as many photos as I should have!! Boooo!
I hate to think this was a foreshadowing of things to come...I wanted to think we would have more family members (boyfriends, girlfriends, spouses and best of all...babies!!) but so far, the number is dwindling and not increasing! Harumph!
Mark left for London for his work on a book. Kris & Baz are in Colorado enjoying their cross country trek in a RV. Xavier had to work. In a state park so that's understandable especially on the 4th of July! But I have always used this get-together to celebrate his (and Mark's) birthday. So maybe that was a factor. Without a birthday cake...I didn't have the photo-op.
Regardless, I did remember to take shots of the food:
Kathy made her fork-tender ribs and famous corn souffle. I made my potato salad & corn on the cob (done this year in the microwave - easy, quick and less mess). I wanted to make some veggie dishes for Miranda. So put together the old stand-by of pasta, broccoli and goat cheese. And pan-fried my latest obsession of Honey Hoisin chow mein with bean sprouts and scallion. Nikki & Tom contributed a refreshing fruit salad but we gobbled that up before I could take a pic.
There were many stomach hurting / rib-crunching laughs. Old stories. New stories. But most of all...just the camaraderie of FAMILY! Makes for great memories even as we relive past memories!!
I usually post one family photo - choosing the best one but since I don't seem to have many others from that day (I really dropped the ball!!) - I'm posting all I have. I don't really have to say it but heck...I LOVE these people!!


No comments:
Post a Comment