Saturday, September 26, 2015

Allure, MAD & Brunch

Saturday - woke up bright and early to be at Bloomie's by 8am.  This after a night at the Chinese banquet which I didn't returned home until 11pm.  Allure magazine was holding their annual Beauty Event from 9-10am at the famed store.  Two years ago, Winnie & I attended the event at Macy's. It's so fascinating to be in these iconic stores before it's opened to the public.  There was a goodie bag - coffee, juice and things to nibble on.  Winnie & I stopped at the Burberry counter and we got our eyebrows filled in which was awesome!!

By 9:30, we were done and Winnie had registered for Museum Day at MAD (Museum of Art & Design). It was a pretty morning and we walked crosstown to Columbus Circle. It was fun to walk along 57th St - my neighborhood from back in the day and reminiscing about it to Winnie.

I loved MAD!!  It's a small museum and we were lucky that we were there early and there weren't many people yet.  Moving through the floors was stress-free and so pleasant.  I enjoyed the "bubble" exhibit and the jewelry floor.  We ooh'ed and ahhh'ed! We didn't know we were allowed to take out our cameras until near the end of our visit but by then I was more interested in the sights.

By the time we went through everything including the fabulous gift shop, we were ready to fill our tummies. We decided on Giorgio's and I had corned beef hash while Winnie had a burger.

I've said it many times but spending time with Winnie is always on the top of my list!











No comments: