Today I met up with Julia...one of my oldest friends and ex-sister-in-law. I have
known Julia all my life. Was maid of honor at her wedding and then married her
brother. She is an aunt to my daughter and I am and always will be an aunt to
her son. I was the first visitor when he was born!
I don't see Julia often so it was a special treat to see her today.
She wanted to take me for a birthday lunch and then we were going to go
shopping at NY&Co which is where she works as a pattern-maker and share her
discount with me.
As luck would have it, I received a birthday freebie from Applebee's:
3 course meal including drink so we decided to dine there and take full
advantage. I ordered the chicken wonton taco appetizer and was able to
share it with Julia. For my entree, I got the turkey, bacon, avocado on
ciabatta sandwich while Julia ordered a "cowboy" burger. My dessert was a
brownie bite that came with a small scoop of vanilla ice cream.
We walked over to Queens Center after lunch and I was able to pick up
quite a few things there. Julia, herself got jeans. I took the opportunity to stop at
Victoria Secrets and used my $10 birthday coupon towards the 7 for $26.50 panty
sale. All very productive and made me so happy!
We were talking so much - I completely forgot to take out my camera
and before I knew it, all the food was GONE!
So I will have to make do with stock photos...which basically is what
the dishes looked like anyway!
I guess although we are "ex's" - we have a long history...an unbreakable bond and will always be in touch.
As it should be. :-)
![]() |
| Chicken Wonton Tacos |
![]() |
| My Turkey, Bacon, Avocado sandwich |
![]() |
| Cowboy Burger |
![]() |
| Brownie Bite |




No comments:
Post a Comment