I made her the requisite corned beef and cabbage. Delivered several boxes of cereal courtesy of Winnie who had gotten a giveaway from The Chew of a year's supply! I also received a package for Nikki so this was perfect timing to get it all to her.
Nikki wanted to try Sunshine Co. located a couple of blocks from their apartment. Decor was typical of the trendy eateries popping up all over the neighborhood...counter bar for eating also, a row of small tables and chairs and an outdoor eating area. We waited about 30 minutes for a table. Clientele was hipster and young professionals. It was comfortable and laid-back. The brunch menu was minimal but with enough variety to please palates across the board.
Nikki and I ordered appetizers to share: Cheese Toast: riccota, sliced Bartlett pears, & honey on a bed of arugula and Chicken Liver Terrine served with grained mustard, house made preserves and grilled toast. Totally delicious. The pears with the ricotta was refreshing with the light sweetness of clover honey. The chicken liver terrine was done wonderfully with the right amount of seasoning. All gobbled up.
Tom & I opted for the Citrus French Toast while Nikki had the Grilled Skirt Steak. All of it was delectable and quite tasty! Always fun to catch up.
Happy Birthday to my girl!!
![]() |
| The Appetizers |
![]() |
| Citrus French Toast |
![]() |
| Grilled Skirt Steak with eggs and potatoes |
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment