Sunday, March 23, 2014

@ Daniel & Willy's

It's been 5 days of celebrating so far.  Started with seeing Winnie on Wednesday culminating in tonight's get together at Daniel and Willy's.  Even I have to say "WOW!!"

The guys hosted a cocktail party or so they said it was a cocktail party.  They did have a wonderful array of finger foods...including sun-dried tomato spread on crackers, prosciutto and cheese, pepperoni slices and Daniel made a "torta" of potatoes, onion, ham and egg - that was to die for!  I don't drink but if I did...red and white wine was flowing and lots of martinis were being stirred and not shaken.


Torta on the right
Although satisfied with the finger foods, Daniel announced he had pasta for everyone.  A huge dish of spinach tortellini with a porchini, shitake and artichoke sauce served with Mojo Criollo marinated chicken drumsticks.  We all just gobbled it up.

Everyone else brought a dessert.  I was able to share the baklava that Lugo gave me as a "favor" parting gift after Thursday's dinner.  He had purchased it in Astoria...known for their Greek population so of course, the baklava would be the best.  And everyone raved over it.  I have to admit...I have had some dry baklava but this one was pretty authentic and excellent.  The other desserts were a lemon meringue pie, a pear tart and an array of beautiful French pastries.  We had a smorgasbord!  Or for those who have cruised - back in the day...like being at the midnight buffet!

Pear Tart & Lemon Meringue Pie
French pastries

No comments: