Sunday, January 15, 2012

Tom's Birthday Brunch

Tomorrow, Jan 16 will be Tom's birthday. I was fortunate enough to meet up with Tom & Nikki and treated them to my favorite meal, Sunday brunch. There are so many nice places around them that this was a great opportunity to try one. Nikki suggested "Cheryl's Global Soul" which is conveniently located across the street from where they live. Small, quaint and more cafe than restaurant, there is usually a line for brunch and today proved no different. Lucky for us, we were told 25 minutes but were seated in 15.


The Menu

Brunch was prix-fixe. I love a prix-fixe menu as much as I love brunch. Entrees came with coffee/tea and Mimosa/Bloody Mary. Tom, the guest of honor opted for the "Brioche French Toast and Caramelized Apples" with a side of sausage and home fries . Nikki: "Poached eggs over Salmon Hash and Hollandaise Sauce" with a side of home fries and I went with "Buttermilk Pancakes with Mixed Berries and Chantilly Cream" and a side of bacon.


French Toast


Nikki's dish


Home fries


My Pancakes

For drinks: Tom had coffee and a Mimosa. Nikki, tea and a virgin Bloody Mary and I had coffee and a virgin Mimosa. Yes...plain orange juice.

The servings were a good size. My pancakes were fluffy and tasty but the bacon was the best bacon I've ever had! I think I have taken bacon for granted. It always taste the same which is crisp and in a sense, hard sometimes...dry. This bacon was meaty, flavorful and had a nice bite to it. Between all the glasses, cups and plates, our table didn't have an inch to spare. Nikki's dish was huge. An unusual twist on eggs benedict, the salmon hash was pretty good. I didn't get to taste Tom's order but it looked great and he ate every bite. Prices were very reasonable and the company, priceless.


Birthday Boy & his girl

No comments: