Last year, there was a blizzard but I had braved the elements taking the subway because no way would I miss that dinner. This year there was rain but it stopped by the time I arrived in Chinatown allowing me to drive there. Transportation was 100% better. I picked up Kathy in Brooklyn and found a nice parking spot on Mulberry St. The dinner was held at Oriental Garden on Elizabeth St.
The 9+ course dinner started with the lobster salad decorated with blinking eyes! And then we were off. Dish after dish...a new plate for each course...and although each dish was divided 11 ways and so the servings seem minimal...by the time the chicken rolled around, we felt as we were rolling around!
I left with a shopping bag full of goodies insuring that I do not have to cook for the next few days.
A huge note of gratitude to Mr. & Mrs. Moy who once again, not only fed us like royalty but gave us generous lucky red envelopes.
A good time had by all...Gung Hay Fat Choy....Happy New Year!
(Special thanks to the waiter who gave me a moment to snap a shot before serving each course)
In order of appearance:
Blinking Eyes Lobster Salad
(chunks of lobster meat with thin slices of sweet apple)
Oysters with "hair moss" seaweed
Fried tofu with sea cucumber heart & sugar snap peas
Shark's Fin Soup
Abalone on a bed of tender Chinese greens
The requisite "Ja Gee Guy"...Chinese Fried Chicken
Stir Fry Crabs
Steamed Whole Black Fish with ginger and scallions
Crispy Crust Fried Steak with broccoli
(I discovered Mr. Moy ordered this specifically for me)
Shrimp Fried Rice
Longevity Noodles with mushrooms
Jumbo cherries and supreme orange wedges
Mini Lucky Steamed Cupcakes (Fat Go Tay)
Coconut rice balls filled with sweet lotus seed paste
Sweet soup to end the dinner (made with papaya)
2 comments:
I'm drooling! Yummy!
I am so jealous! that fried steak is one of my absolute favorites!
Post a Comment