Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Click and You Shall Receive!

I am not a huge web-surfer. I don’t have the patience. Kathy & Winnie used to send and still send me links to things they think might be of interest to me and sometimes it is and sometimes I just don’t feel I have the attention span to stick with it.

A long while ago, I signed up for My Points. But when the emails used to come for me to open and ‘click’ on it for points, I instead did the “delete” thing. But a passing conversation with either Kathy or Winnie, made me realized I was losing out by not doing something as simple as opening and clicking. I now do so but know I have lost loads of points that could have earned me a nice reward by now.

One of the sites I do participate regularly is e-rewards. I answer surveys and earn “money“. Sometimes the surveys only take a few minutes…other times up to 30 minutes but the money given will reflect this.

I am not sure how I was invited onto this site but I have earned $125 in Macy’s gift cards to date. And all I do is take a few minutes to give my opinion which is mostly multiple choice - it’s not writing reviews which can be tiresome and annoying.

I am only allowed to redeem my dollars for a Macy’s gift card every 3 months and in 9 months accumulated 3 gift cards. I used one and had a credit of $4.60. The other 2 was a full $25 each.

Yesterday I was looking though Macy’s flyer and they are having a pretty good sale. Two things popped out at me. I have been wanting these two items but always put off buying them. But lately watching the Food Network and other cooking shows, I felt I really needed them. A Panini press and a Belgian Waffle maker. Both on sale at Macy’s. This seemed a good opportunity to get them and basically I got them for free. The press was on sale for $19.99 from $49.99 and the waffle maker $29.99 from $60. Both items took care of my gift cards with 18 cents to spare but I am due for another $25 redemption in March. I walked out quite happy.

Nikki….come over for waffles!!…I think I have a great recipe from Martha.Or maybe you have one!!

No comments: