
My summer house and 1999 Eclipse
I had a very good year. Was able to spend much quality time at the summer house. Really got to know the area and was even starting to feel like a “local”…getting a library card, driving roads unknown to me the last 10 years and did a weekly shopping with Kathy on Wednesdays like clock-work. And gasp…did what I would call “gardening” but everyone would call “watering the plants“.
The summer also bought a new sense of freedom. I felt unencumbered but then I didn’t know what September was going to bring in terms of the economy. For the main part of the summer, I was blissfully unawares. I started a new diet regiment in dealing with carbs and although it may have been bad for me, got myself a nice deep tan.
Of course, September did come and along with the sad economic times, my health issues reared its ugly head. But maybe it was a good thing because in hindsight, I feel and look better than I have in years. I took control of my own life, my own body and it feels good.
The one thing I haven’t been able to do and kept saying I would, is get a job. It’s still there in the back of my mind moving forward every day. As much as I think a job would interfere with my social life…what did I do all the other 40 odd years I was working? I guess I will have to work the socializing around the job! I know it can be done! Ha!
So with that, I see a very good year coming up. I am hoping by this time next year, I will have reached a spectacular goal of being normal in weight and BMI. My blood pressure and cholesterol will be a non-issue. I will have a perfect part time job. Part time so I still have a flexible schedule to make lunch and dinner dates. And everyone I love stays healthy and happy. And last, everything good that can happen all happens to Nikki. That would make for one excellent year! Happy 2009!
1 comment:
Happy New Year girlfriend! 2009 will be a great year for you and I liked your analogy with the 9's and reading how well 1999 was for you, 2009 will be even better. To a healthy and wealthy new year!
Post a Comment