
Ready for our 10,000 steps!(In front of the track)
Winnie treated me in celebration of my good doctor’s report. Our Bento Boxes were delicious as always and feels like a real decadent treat for the both of us. We get salad, a combination of sushi, dumplings and chicken and then a small bowl of ice cream. It has never failed to hit the spot. I wished I took a photo of it but unlike Nikki, I never think of it and then it's all in my tummy.
A funny thing happened when we stopped in Trader Joe’s before heading to the restaurant. Since we were in there, Winnie decided to picked up milk and other goodies and seeing this, I told her I would drive her home so she should pick up more stuff that she might want. Immediately and typically, she started to beg off. “No…you are not driving me!” “Yes, I am!” and so on. Some guy walked by us and Winnie whispered “Oh no, this guy thinks we’re fighting…like a couple”….to which I walked a bit away from her and then turned to her and said “I am leaving you!” to which the guy raises his eyebrows and Winnie and I just laughed out loud!
After lunch, we did what I call “local shopping”. The restaurant is located within a good shopping area. I needed to pick up hair color that was on sale at Rite Aid but it is a shade that is usually out of stock quickly. We made a bee line for that aisle and I found only one box…needed to buy 2 for the sale. Groan. But I have a reputation of not giving up. For some reason, I feel if I search long and hard enough, the item I want will appear. Of course, many people scoffed but it has worked for me many times. Well, I am happy to say I had a witness this time. While holding that treasured one box, I was not quite ready to give up when suddenly, miraculously, another box of the same shade appeared right before our eyes! It was truly incredible! And I was so happy that Winnie was right there to see it happened!
We went on to Lots Less and picked up a couple of things. Then I drove her to Chinatown which took 20 minutes and I was back home in another 30. An absolutely fun day …productive, successful and there is just something very special about a lunch date with a girlfriend. Good for the soul!

Lifetime Friends!
1 comment:
OMG! If I had known that I would be "featured" on your blog, I would've had my hair done! You are sooo sneaky. Time flew right by doing the walk and the lunch was delicious as always. And the topper has got to be the look on that guy's face at Trader Joe's. He must've thought we were a couple the way we were carrying on and then you yelled "I'm leaving you!" Well, you should've seen his face - it was a I'm so sorry that's she's leaving you! And if I wasn't at Rite Aid when she found the 2nd box of haircolor, I would'nt have believe how it "magically" appeared! CRAZEEEE!
Post a Comment