Friday
of my vacay was rest day for Kathy! I had made arrangements to meet Michael
Macaluso for lunch. Mike or Mac as I call him...was one of Michael Ford's best
friends. Mike Ford was my manager from Home Lines and my mentor. Mac would
call quite often and I first met him on the phone. One day he came up to meet
Mike for lunch and I got to meet him in person. That was back in the 80's. We've remained friends ever since. Mac
moved to Orlando awhile ago and I was happy to finally see him while
there.
He
chose a Peruvian place in an area called Dr. Phillips...which I never heard of
but apparently it's "ritzy". It was near Universal Studios...I borrowed Tony &
Kathy's car and following my GPS instructions arrived in the area with no
problem. Finding El Inka was another story! I had arrived at 12:30 for my 1pm
meet so thought I had plenty of time to park, relax...etc. Oh...and another
problem - Mac accidentally washed his phone and so he was without a cell. And
of course, this would have been a good day to have one!
After
the GPS told me to make 3 u-turns...WTH! - I finally pulled into a "mall". I
could not see the restaurant. I parked - ready to ask someone when suddenly I
did spot it. Whew! I was already "late" since it was now 1:02pm. I like to be
on time. Unfortunately I forgot that Mac is notoriously late! He didn't show
up until 1:35! Not being able to contact him, it was a constant battle wondering if I should
stay or leave - whether I was in the right place...but in the end, it was a
wonderful lunch! Mac is hilariously funny and he had me in stitches...I told
him he should write a book...that's how entertaining his stories are! Love him!
![]() |
| Platter of various fried seafood...for two...YUM! |
![]() |
| Decadent Chocolate Cake |



No comments:
Post a Comment