BUT when Winnie & I stayed there (a package from a Wendy Williams giveaway - blog of Oct 14) and I signed up for their rewards card while showing another from AC and was credited with $100 of slot play, I knew this was an excellent idea for the next SBC's meeting. Happened to be for Kathy's and while she wasn't as excited as we were, she did like the idea of the $100. We decided to go with a bus since they offer a $20 meal ticket and 2 $20 Match Play vouchers for $13! I wouldn't have to drive! Winnie & Connie's mother was able to secure seats for us (making it much more pleasurable) and the 'rents came along!! With that, they "sponsored" the trip...not allowing us to pay!
The bus ride was exceptionally quick...we got there under 2.5 hours! All the sisters gave their match plays to Mr & Mrs Moy and while Mrs Moy went off to play, Mr Moy joined us for the All You Can Eat Buffet which he happens to enjoy and the best thing - we used our meal tickets! I joked saying I dined around the world - Caribbean for the oysters and clams on a half shell, sushi from Japan, fried chicken, fried clam strips, prime rib from the US, lo mein, fried rice, wonton and dumplings from China, penne with meatballs and sausage from Italy and Beef Burgundy from France.
After our meal, we set out to hit the slots. Kathy, inexperienced needed guidance but no worries...the best teacher was with us - Winnie! She led us to 2 favorite machines which happens to be next to each other...Fortune Cookie and Jewelry Box. Lots of respins and bonus plays, it was so much fun. And Kathy & Connie using their $100 credit but playing very smartly (Connie has a great system) - that in the end and several other machines later...Kathy walked away with $58 in her pocket and Connie, $98! With Winnie's urging, I checked my own card and discovered $10 reward play and parlayed it into $25 for my own wallet!
We had arrived around 11:15am and returned to the bus for departure at 4:15. 3 hours later, we were back in Chinatown and sitting around the dinning table of Mr. & Mrs. Moy, eating delicious food made by Mr Moy! He made so much food, we left with doggie bags.
I had driven to Chinatown and parked at Confucious - an early bird special...arrive between 4am-11am and leave by midnight...$17 including tax. With Kathy & my winnings, that was considered free! Hooray! I dropped Kathy home and then sped to my own under 20 minutes...a totally perfect close to the day!
| The only pic I took of our buffet...several among many desserts |

1 comment:
Love the Chihuly! Nice to hear you had a good time!
Post a Comment