Sunday was that time again. The Alzheimer Walk at Riverside Park. This year because of Marianne's efforts, she was asked to serve on the board of directors, a real honor. And I was able to get some of her perks for supporting her. Which was a VIP breakfast and reserved seating and a nifty pedometer. It was a terrific turnout and once again, great weather. This is the third year I have done the walk along with Nikki.
We had our breakfast. Then after introductions, some speeches and the 2 mile walk, we went to Marianne's where she had a luncheon for her friends and family. Next year, our friendship will be 40 years & I'm so happy I can say that!
 |
I'm wearing my "Walk for Lulu" jacket I got from
Marianne last year |
 |
| A much coveted vest! |
 |
My breakfast: bagel, apple rolled pancake, sausage, bacon
blueberry muffin and coffee |
 |
| My new pedometer |
 |
| Me & my favorite girl |
 |
Large turnout. MC was Bill Ritter of Eyewitness News
and David Hyde Pierce always makes an appearance |
 |
| The International Buffet @Marianne's |
 |
| Trays of sushi galore |
 |
| Different sandwiches and wraps |
 |
Ziti,eggplant parm, ribs, chicken drumsticks and wings,
spinach pie, roasted veggies, veal scallopini |
 |
| Dessert Bar |
 |
| Marshmallow Pops |
 |
| My plate of sweets |
 |
| Lindy, Marianne's Baby...star of the show |
No comments:
Post a Comment