Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Mohegan Sun

Way back at the end of May, Winnie & I attended the 500th show of Wendy Williams and one of the spectacular giveaways was a 2 night stay at the Mohegan Sun plus $100 credit to Bobby Flay's Bar Amercain restaurant on the premise.

Taking Winnie as my guest, we spent a most enjoyable Sun-Tues mini vacation.  I picked up Winnie in Chinatown and she got dim sum for the road.  The drive was easy peasy...100 miles on I-95 makes it pretty straight away.

Although check-in was 4:30, we arrived around 2:30 and a room was available right away.  Lovely with a view of the river.  Having Winnie with me, who knows the ins and outs of the hotel and casino was a huge advantage.  She had discovered that they were running a promotion.  Show any other casino's player's card, sign up for theirs and get a $100 slot play credit.  Hello!  Free Money!  After unpacking, I went to register and got my $100 on my spanking new player's card.  And once again, Winnie's knowledge came in handy - she advised me how to play it and it worked.  I walked away with $83!!

Due to a convention which took over the whole restaurant on Monday night, I could only make reservations at Bobby's for Sunday, our first night. No matter. The whole dinner was beyond my expectations. Surprisingly, the servings were rather large. My steak tartare was "melt in your mouth" deliciousness. Duck (which I usually order if it's on the menu) was cooked to perfection, succulent and flavorful. Winnie and I were so full and thought to beg off dessert but Shannon, our waitress (who was attentive and sweet) told us that we had enough credit for one dessert to share and suggested the profiteroles which was a most excellent choice. The bill came to $99.97. Almost too perfect!

Here's my Mohegan Sun experience in picture:

Room 3135
Free WiFi in room and all of hotel

The Views


Winnie's Appetizer:
Grilled Pizza, Double Smoked Bacon,Caramelized Onions, Toasted Garlic


Mine:
Steak Tartare, Mustard Sauce, Cornichons, Garlic Toast


Winnie's Entree:
Mussels & Fries Americain, Green Chile Broth
Mine:
Duck, Dirty Wild Rice, Pecans, Bourbon

Bourbon Praline ProfiterolesVanilla Bean Ice Cream




In front of "River Blue" - glass sculpture centerpiece
Indoor pool - and although this looks like a stock photo,
 I took this shot
Our second night's dinner was Bobby's Burger Palace
(yes, another Bobby Flay establishment) 
Winnie's Classic Cheese Burger with onion rings
I went with my beloved Blue Cheese burger...(and sweet potato fries)
sooo good, I wish I was having one now!
My winnings!!  Woo-hoo!!
Me - ENJOY!  :-)

No comments: