Saturday, October 27, 2012

Mom, Sister & Nieces

It has been "FAMILY" togetherness for me the last couple of days.  Yesterday, I accompanied Mom to her eye doctor appointment.  It has been 6 months since her cataract surgery and she is doing so well.  A peripheral vision she took 3 months ago that showed quite a bit of abnormalities was so much more improved this time around.  After an hour at the doctor's, we went back to her place and had lunch and chatted.

I left to meet Kristina at Michael's where she wanted to take advantage of a 50% employee discount I had for the next few days.  It was fun to show her "my store" and what I do and have her shop.  Luckily all this creative stuff runs in our blood so she loved all the artsy, crafty things in the store as much as I do.

Today I met up with Evelyn and had a leisurely (2 hours!) lunch at Whym on 58th & 9th Ave. We both shared an appetizer of Grilled Flatbread: calmaryna fig compote, carmelized shallots, cambozola cheese.  We ordered the Grilled Chicken and Avocado Sandwich on toasted 7 grain bread, baby arugula, grilled lemon mayonnaise with sweet potato fries & the Portobello and Eggplant Sandwich on toasted country sourdough bread, baby arugula, red onion, sun dried tomato mayonnaise with hand cut fries and shared half of each.  Really yummy.  Then we went to Alvin Ailey to wait for Miranda to come out of class. The girl is breath-taking.  That's all I can say.



No comments: