Friday, September 9, 2011

Tamworth, NH (pt.3)

On Saturday, Daniel took me to the local Farmer's Market. The main part of town of Tamworth consisted of one road: The General Store, Town Hall, Library, Church and local stage-theater. Oh and a new store opened: "Lyceum" which has many of the locals puzzled. It sells wood carved souvenirs, serves coffee and tea (which the General Store, right next door does also)and has this large empty room with some books in it. ???

The Farmer's Market is set up just before the road to "town" and it was quite busy. I enjoyed browsing through all the wares. There was a table of beautiful yarn which made me think of Evelyn. And across the way, a table that had handmade cards which looked like cards that I make! I completely forgot to look at the cost! The baked goods were so tempting...flakey turnovers, a gorgeous spinach pie and scrumptious looking muffins. The line of customers was long. I wished I had the time to stop and get something but we had things to do!

crate of yarn

Table with handmade cards

Daniel picked up a couple of red juicy tomatoes and then drove me to Dawn's house where I met her for a walk/hike through her woods. Dawn's house sits on 100 acres! The view went on forever: (Photo doesn't capture it)


She takes a walk everyday with her golden lab, Holly. We followed a river? brook? Whatever it was, it was clear, refreshing & serene. Holly has her favorite spots where she goes in for a quick swim. She knew the route very well.


Holly waiting for her walk

On their way

Majestic trees...what I deemed "The Cathedral"


Holly taking her swim


We walked for about 1.5 hours. It was a good work-out for me. And I got to know this friend of Willy's. Her sister is Maria Muldur who sang "Midnight at the Oasis" for those who were around in the 70's.

That same evening, Daniel BBQ'ed a storm! His famous grilled chicken, spicy sausages, seasoned hamburgers, veggie kabobs and corn on the cob. A friend, Judy baked a mocha-chocolate bundt pound cake. It was a feast! 11 people in attendance on a hot summer night, drinking, eating and laughing. All-so-good!

Appetizer Table & White Sangria



Daniel's pride & joy

No comments: