Saturday, September 10, 2011

Tamworth Endings

Sunday was supposed to be a day of relaxing just between Daniel, Willy & myself. I was to cook. Willy had plans to chop down a tree and mow his lawn, his favorite past time. And they wanted to acquaint me with the nearest large town, Conway which is about 10 miles away. This is where the action is. Outlets! And other things like Lowe's and Hannaford.

After a leisurely breakfast, we took off. But somehow, along the way, Willy drove by the house of the "'beans". He spontaneously decided to drive onto their driveway!It turned out - it was the home of Jane & Theresa, friends of Dawn's and a lesbian couple together for 30 some odd years. Long story short, Willy invited them to dinner. At first Jane declined because they had plans for a movie with another girlfriend, June. But after some discussion, the ladies were catching the 4pm showing - plenty of time to make dinner! And of course, Dawn was also included. Which meant I needed to get more shrimp for the dish I had planned to make!

We were to eat outdoors but a lightning storm started and we moved everything inside. As it happened, 7 people needed 7 dining chairs which was exactly the number of chairs the boys purchased! Fate!

Daniel made polenta "coins" - some with blue cheese, some with tomato. Served with salad, I presented the shrimp with wild brown rice. Dinner turned out to be lively and quite lovely. The ladies were delightful and everyone raved over my shrimp dish. We ended with a tasty cranberry walnut tart.

I end this posting with various shots I took around the house. Daniel, who I will always consider as my brother and Willy have always been consummate hosts and continue to keep their reputation without fail. Love them!


Left to right: Theresa,Dawn,June & Jane


Daniel's hummingbird feeder. As soon as he refilled it,
a hummingbird came to feed.

Willy's newest find...the fountain
surrounded by various pots of herbs



Where Daniel sits for his first cup of coffee
I sat in the Adirondack chair on the left

No comments: