Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Tamworth, New Hampshire (pt.1)

Daniel picked me up at 4:30pm on Thursday to drive to his new house in New Hampshire. We picked up Willy in the city and a 6 hour drive turned into almost 9 hours due to traffic and construction.

I got a really good look at the house the next morning and it didn't disappoint. All of Daniel's homes have been exceptional. His chalet sits on 10 acres. His view is magnificent.

On Friday, my first full day, we took a trip to a thrift shop. Hugo, Daniel's brother in Miami is downsizing and gave him his dining table and outdoor patio set. Daniel didn't like the chairs that Hugo had and the hunt was on. Their friend, Dawn found a set of chairs that Daniel had been looking for. Ladder back chairs. The store was called The Yankee Trader and I loved it!! Within 5 minutes, I already picked a purse for $4! The chairs were perfect and it was a set of 5 but there were also a pair of "Philipino" chairs that he fell in love with. In the end, they took all 7 chairs plus a slew of other artifacts for $400. Which included the mirror seen in the bathroom pic which was pefect for that space and I was so happy to have a mirror there! Truly a bargain!



Front Entrance

Living Room



TV Room

Downstairs Bathroom (my bathroom for the visit)
That's the mirror on the left

THE VIEW (from their deck)

1 comment:

Evelyn said...

Can I move in, please?????