Saturday, May 7, 2011

California Sunshine 1973

For many years when I was in my early teens, my dad started teasing us with a California vacation - that we would get to visit Disneyland. But summer after summer would go by and we never went west of NY. Finally, the year I turned 16, my dad and mom planned a big trip...Anaheim, San Diego, Los Angeles and San Francisco - not necessarily in that order but I do know we flew out from SFO.

In essence it was a great trip but I was at that in between age. Feeling too old to be traveling with my parents but too young to do it on my own.

A few weeks ago, I realized that I hadn't seen any photos from that trip. Which is odd since we are a camera toting family. I broached the subject with my mom and she also wondered about the missing photos because she knew there were some! After investigating, she found the negatives. From a 110 camera which meant the negatives were tiny. None of the drugstores or photo places would make prints from them. I asked Nikki and she, being the genius that she is...produced. The quality isn't great but the memories the shots have brought are priceless.












Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Create your own photo slideshow

No comments: