Leslie made reservations for brunch at Craft Bar. Broadway & 20th. Boy, do I love Sunday mornings in the city. There was a street fair going on Broadway which was perfect for our after meal activity. It was raining alittle but that wouldn't dampen our fun.
Craft Bar was the exact opposite of our last brunch spot which was Victorian chic while today's decor was trendy modern. Leslie was running late so I went to save our reservation. The hostess sat me in a back corner booth. It was probably one of the best seats in the house. I had read comments that it could be crowded and noisy but tucked away back there was so pleasant and felt private.

The waiter was attentive and very sweet. He got me coffee as requested while I waited. Leslie showed up just as the waiter delivered their flakey buttery biscuits.
She ordered 2 poached eggs, breakfast potatoes and sausage. I ordered their Brioche Pain Perdu which I had seen Tom Colicchio make on the Martha Stewart Show. With a side of their homemade breakfast sausages.

Biscuits (I already took a bite)

The Menu
The Brioche "French Toast" was delicate on the inside with a slightly crispy edging. It was served with Vermont maple syrup & an apple rubbard chutney but it was too tart for me. The sausage was so-so - not the best I ever tasted. I could have just had the brioche alone and been satisfied! Leslie's egg dish looked terrific and she enjoyed it, dipping her whole grain toast into the yolks.

Leslie's Dish

Brioche Pain Perdu
After this scrumptious dining experience, we walked through the fair. Leslie purchased a straw fedora which looked wonderful on her. It was $8! We came across Fishs Eddy and had to go in. I added to my collection of glass mugs. Great store.

New mug is on the left...squarish...
We ended up at The Coffee Shop on Union Square and I had an iced tea and she, a Virgin Bloody Mary. It totally hit the spot!
If I had my way...I would celebrate all year long!
1 comment:
What a great day!! And I say "keep celebrating!"
Post a Comment