Nikki called to set up a time to meet for brunch in Brooklyn. Between getting ready and leaving, Ronna & Izzy called to wish me a Happy Birthday and to chat. I had to really hustle to make it to Prospect Heights in time!
We had planned to go to a place called Beast but it was packed and so we ended up at an Italian eatery...pizzeria and wine bar named Cataldo’s. They offered a brunch menu made up of Frittatas and poached eggs in sauce. It looked decent and more importantly, no wait for a table.
Tom & I ordered the Fritatta Florentina (eggs,spinach,prosciuto,cheese) and Nikki went with the Quattro Stagioni pizza which had tomato, mozzarella, mushrooms, artichoke hearts olives and parmigiano. I also had an ice coffee…my first of the season and omigosh…for some reason, it was like having dessert and I didn’t even put any sugar in it!!

My Frittata and iced coffee


Nikki enjoying her pizza
It was lively and fun conversation…great company…and good food. The breeze wafting in from the outdoors was just so...perfect.


My excellent companions
Later in the day, I received cards in the mail and more phone calls. As I posted on FB…this gorgeous weather is almost enough of a gift! But luckily I got "stuff" also!!! Nikki gave me a maple pecan waffle mix for my new Belgian waffle maker and a $50 gift card for Williams-Sonoma. All in all...glorious!

My sweet goodies!!
No comments:
Post a Comment