Kathy, Winnie & Connie had received a coupon for a free tote at Tanger’s. I didn’t get the coupon but was told I could get a free tote by presenting my membership card. We all decided to make a day of it.
First we chose to go to the new Tanger’s Outlet at Deer Park, Long Island. Not as big as Riverhead but certainly much closer. On top of that, there is a Regal Cinema on the premises so we were able to kill many stones with this one visit!
We opted for Valentine’s Day and Tanger offers a movie discount with membership. The movie started around 1pm and we arrived by 10:30 giving us some time to shop and browse.
The day prior I had picked up my weekly packet of circulars and was flipping through them when I came across a coupon for a $10 gift card at Tanger’s Deer Park!! What were the odds?? I quickly went and retrieved 3 more coupons and knew this was meant to be!
The drive took about 40 minutes. It is a beautiful outlet designed in a Tuscany decor. It was empty and quiet. I think it had to do with it being the middle of the week, it was kind of chilly out and is a virtually new mall.
But parking was easy and we stopped first for our totes, discount coupon booklets, movie tickets and the $10 gift cards. Once we got all our goodies, we set out to do some damage. Winnie,Connie and I settled in Le Gourmet Chef where we noshed on their samples of dips & salsas. The 3 of us picked up things there using a 20% off coupon from the booklet and our $10 gift card. All I had do to was put up 30 cents!
I went on to the Factory Brand Shoes store where I immediately found a pair of my beloved leather Keds. I also had a coupon for $5 off $50 and needed to spend another $11. Kathy joined me and I spotted a pair of 4 inch pumps with mary jane straps. Even though they were ½ a size too large, I had to try them on and because of the straps…they fit very nicely. And the price of $15 was too tempting to pass up. I also saw a pair of suede boots and had to have those too which worked out since Kathy found a pair of loafers she liked and so her paying for one of my shoes allowed her to use her $5 off $50 coupon also. When we went to check out, I discovered that my $15 shoes were lowered to $5!!! OMG! Happy Birthday to ME!
The movie was cute and sweet. We all enjoyed it. The drive back to Queens was great and we made it to our favorite sushi restaurant still in time for the lunch special. Our waiter, who we adore, surprised me with a candle in my ice cream and I got my first rendition of “Happy Birthday to You”. It was all just my kind of a perfect day! Thanks to my “Sis-tas”!!!

Winnie being a great sport and indulging me in some silliness!


The CLUB

Enjoying our meal

Birthday Girl
No comments:
Post a Comment