I had not even taken the Belgian waffle maker out of it's carton - it was time. It was pretty simple to prep. Take machine out of box...wipe clean...plug in - voila!
I put in 2 cups of the Maple Pecan mix from Nikki along with egg, butter and milk. Immediately upon stirring with a whisk, the batter was beautifully incorporated!
I had read in the directions (yeah...I know...I normally don't do that - LOL) that the first waffle cooking might emit a smokey odor so should discard. Heck, I didn't want to waste my precious Maple Pecan mix! So I quickly made a batter of a quickie pancake mix that I had and as soon as the waffle maker lit ready green, I ladled the batter on and closed the lid and set it to a medium heat. Then like a native Belgian, turned the "plate" 180 degrees. Exciting. When it was ready, I flipped it back and lifted the lid carefully and wow!! It was an actual Belgian waffle!! It worked!
I ladled in the real stuff. Sadly, first try is lady luck because the second one got stuck in the center! I knew I needed to adjust the temperature. I scooped out the malformed one and nibbled on it. It tasted great, just didn't look so pretty. The third one was much more to my liking and gets to be photographed!

Third time's a charm

Ready to enjoy!
I made another to eat on another day. Or later. Whichever comes first! "-)
No comments:
Post a Comment