I was told by my mother that she would send me to the store that was a couple of doors away. I was 2 years old! She needed a can of corn and would give me one kernel of corn...one! to show what I wanted to buy. (Remember I didn't speak English then). Hard to believe that I didn't drop it along the way. My mom said she didn't even watch me to make sure I got there. She said I knew where to go! If she needed bread, I would carry a slice of bread. At least I didn't have to cross any streets. Boy, it definitely was a simplier and safer time!
If I was naughty (although I can't imagine when that ever happened!)..my mom would send me for a time-out in the bathroom. But after awhile, my mom felt it was too quiet and when she peeked in, I would be "reading" the comic books left in there. (My library) She gave up - besides it probably only happened the one time! :-)
With two young children and running a laundry, my mother had alot on her plate. Kathy was a good baby and didn't need much attention. She stayed in her walker so much that my mother doesn't even know when she learned to walk. To this day, Kathy is a very quick "walker"...she is always ahead of the pack. We all huff and puff to keep up!

No comments:
Post a Comment