Saturday, February 4, 2017

Vinegar Hill House

I don't know Brooklyn.  But am discovering bits and pieces as Nikki & Tom chooses different places to dine at.  I wanted to treat Tom for his birthday and he said to meet at Vinegar Hill House for Saturday brunch.

I thought it was in "Brooklyn Heights" since it is in walking distance to Kathy's.  (My knowledge of Brooklyn was Canarsie and Bklyn Hts - both places Kathy lived in).  But Kathy informed me I would be in Vinegar Hill or Ft Greene.  What?  Besides the fact that I thought Ft Greene was way over the opposite end (like near the Verrazano) so this was a big "huh?" moment.

Driving there was easy peasy!  And totally as if I entered another era.  Streets were cobblestoned and low level brick and wood buildings.  Very quiet & quaint neighborhood.  Loved it all.  Food was awesome...company more so!










No comments: