Tuesday, February 28, 2017

And so it begins...

I am fast approaching my 60th birthday!  I think I've been saying it alot to get use to it.  The number seems daunting.  But I don't feel it and don't feel I look it.  But it is a fact!

I started celebrating early.  Not my decision though some would think so and not be surprised!  Kathy won't be back in NYC for the month of March so with 2 birds to kill...seeing her new house and celebrating my birthday - I gladly flew down to Orlando.

For this trip, I decided to take the Q60 to the Jamaica Station to catch the JFK air train.  Made so much sense with my parking lot being a few feet from the bus stop.  I used my new Raden Smart carry-on suitcase.  Omigosh...loved it!  Mostly because the agility of it was wonderful to use onto the bus and the train and more importantly the plane!

Using the MTA text info (thank you very much, Kathy!) - the Q60 arrived with little wait time for me and it was empty so I didn't have to bump into people with my suitcase!  (It was early...6:45am so that also made sense).  I had a 9:45 flight but I rather wait at JFK than home.  I got to Jamaica at 7:05.  It was only a block away from the bus stop.  The airtrain came within minutes and I was TSA pre-checked so that was a breeze!  I was at my gate by 7:30.  Wonderful!!  And all under $10.

The flight was good.  I sat on the aisle (row 30-C) and had the middle seat empty.  A woman named Carol was at the window and she was lovely.  From Maine and was a rehab nurse.  Unfortunately the wifi was not working and the TV satellite was wonky.  Still, we took off and landed on time.

Kathy was waiting once I got off the monorail.  Tony drove us home.  Their new house is beautiful and much bigger than their last.  My "bedroom" was so pretty and very comfortable!  Felt very much at home.

My first dinner was The Crooked Spoon.  Their $12 gourmet burgers are $7 on Tuesdays after 5pm so it was perfect and OMG...delish!!

Kathy & Tony gifted me with my own personalized Magic Band and a one day Disney pass!  So unexpected and super sweet!

My birthday was starting off with a pretty good BANG!

Escalator at Jamaica Station to the JFK Air Train

On the train




The 420 Burger at The Crooked Spoon.  Has pineapple relish!
My Welcome basket with essentials

My beautiful Magic Band!

No comments: