Sunday, January 29, 2017

Dirty Dancing Revisited

I saw Dirty Dancing when it first came out...in 1987 and in Forest Hills on Austin St.  I was with Stan, Ronna and Kevin.  We danced out of that theater and Ronna felt she could recreate that lift move and had Kevin waiting down the street to catch her.  I watched holding my breath as she leaped into the air and slammed into Kevin.  Almost but not quite and we all had a good laugh.  That memory comes up every time I see a mention of Dirty Dancing.

Winnie won tickets for the 30th anniversary screening.  It was equally as fun to watch this with Winnie and Liz.  Movie held up.  I was a bit sad to discovered it wasn't filmed in upstate NY but it made sense because I did wonder where the heck the resort was located.  And Patrick Swayze...swoon....




No comments: