Sunday, March 31, 2013

March 20, 2013 - First Day of Spring and Other Important Events!

My birthday week was a whirlwind.  So much so that it ran into almost 2 weeks worth...(of course!).

On the day of...Winnie had gotten tickets to Wendy Williams and so I started my big day bright and early.
As always, it was a fun show but more so that I was with my BFF!


I was really looking forward to my birthday lunch treat.  I asked for Ichi Umi, the scrumptious sushi buffet in midtown Manhattan.  Luckily they had the scallops I have fallen in love with and can't have enough of.  Ordering it in a regular sushi restaurant is expensive so having as much as I wanted was a luxury.



As luck would have it, Marianne emailed asking to see me.  Ichi Umi is about 15 blocks away from Marinne's office so after lunch, I walked off my meal.  I hadn't spent my birthday with Marianne in 30 years?  It was absolutely lovely seeing her and catching up.  The rest of the day was filled with Face Book greetings and wishes...emails,  phone messages and calls...& before I knew it - it was way past my bedtime!  Which at my age, isn't that far into the night!

The coming week was a flurry of activities.  Sunday spent with Nikki from the previous post.  Winnie was able to get me in to attend the taping of Dr. Gadget on The Wendy Williams show on Monday.  We received a slew of tech gadgets from Shark's floor/carpet cleaner, air brush complexion kit, HD Camcorder, 7" tablet, Roku to a Life Alert monitoring system.  Gifts worth $1800.  The next day Winnie invited me to a screening of Jurassic Park 3D...have to say..the movie held up!  Wednesday I had sushi with Daniel who gave me 2 tickets to see Holland Taylor's one woman show -"Ann" at Lincoln Center on Friday which was excellent!.  Winnie accompanied me.  When I looked back on the week, I couldn't believe I did all of that with work and a visit with my mom in between!

I still have more celebratin' to do!!  And I will be a-postin'!  Soon!

No comments: