Sunday, March 24, 2013

Happy Birthday, Mom...(from Nikki)

Nikki seems to outdo herself each year when it comes to my birthday. That...or whatever she does is always wonderful to me that I am simply very appreciative.

A month ago or more, she asked me if I would like to attend an Alvin Ailey performance for my birthday with brunch before.  I jumped at it!  So she picked up tickets for March 24th...Sunday...today.

She also suggested brunching at The Smith at Lincoln Center,  Loving brunch as I do, any place is good for me.

She showed up with a gift bag of goodies from a boutique store named "Brooklyn Larder" which we visited once to browsed around and it was awesome!

Top:Olive oil, "salt and nibbles " chocolate bar, cheese coins
Bottom: Crostini rounds, manchego cheese
Cards: Cupcake card from Tom, Gem card from Nikki, Doggie card from Lupe
The Smith was super busy!  But as soon as Nikki showed up, we got seated.  I couldn't decide between savory or sweet...vanilla french toast with caramelized bananas or sunny side eggs with smoked ham and gruyere cheese.  I went with savory and wasn't disappointed.

The Croaker
Country Breakfast: eggs, cheddar grits, grilled ham steak
biscuit and gravy
Delectable French Fries to share


Nikki scored 3rd row center seats for Ailey II.  The dance ensemble are the promising future for their troupe.  Talented & Oh-So-beautiful.  It was a most enjoyable afternoon.  Thanks, Nic! xoxo


No comments: