Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Sister's B-day Club 2012

Today, May 1st - kicked off the Sister's Birthday Club's first celebration of year 4. Okay...yes, a little late since my birthday month is March. There were some scheduling conflicts but heck, May & March start with the letter "M". My motto - it's never too late to celebrate! Especially when it's my birthday. I Like It! LOL...So we began the day with attending a taping of The Chew. The theme was "The Greatest Thing I Ever Tasted...Fried!" Oh Boy! Meredith Viera was a guest and another guest, Jonathan Waxman, a chef made these fried "crushed" potatoes that had me salivating in my seat and I don't even like potatoes that much! It was a fun show and certainly whetted our appetites. The taping was finished by 10am and it was too early for lunch so the ladies and I went to the near-by, newly opened Century 21 department store. Easily killed an hour in there and none of us bought anything! But I did see many things I liked. I had opted for Dallas BBQ for lunch located on 72st off of CPW (where The Dakota is located). They have a lunch special that is kind of unreal. $9.99 for 2 half chickens, 2 bowls of chicken soup, 2 cornbread and choice of rice, baked potato or french fries. Winnie insisted that we have a "starter" with the meal being so inexpensive even though I knew the amount of food was tremendous. I decided on Garden Vegetable Tempura on the heel of the "fried" theme - we shared a large order.
We all went with "The Special" and the french fries as our side (again...following the fried food theme) The cups of soup arrived and it was chocked full of veggies and had a nice chunk of chicken. Very flavorful
I don't know why the shot came out blurry - I think I was in a hurry to eat! There was so much food that we all took home doggie bags.  So not only was I treated to lunch...I also got dinner and maybe lunch again!
Me & the girls...they're the best....love 'em!!!

No comments: