Saturday, April 21, 2012

A Sister & Sushi

April 20th. A month after my birthday and I spent it having lunch with my sister who celebrated her birthday April 3rd. We try to do a co-celebration since we are 2 weeks apart...in dates, not years! I drove up to Sarah Lawrence and we went to Wild Ginger, a Chinese-Japanese restaurant in town. Evelyn treated me to a sushi lunch. I gave her a bunch of "Smash" items: journals and embellishments that I picked up at Michael's. When I think about it, I am lucky to go to work surrounded by some of my favorite things!

I had 3 rolls...yellowtail, salmon with avocado and eel with avocado. Scrumptious.


We only had an hour together which is much too short. But it's always better than nothing. I felt a little sad that it might have been my last celebration for the year but then I remembered I still have a "Sister's Birthday Club" lunch coming up soon (May 1st)!!  Looking forward to it!!  YAY!