Saturday, November 19, 2011

Wreath 2011

Working at Michael's these last 3 weeks have proved interesting. Many ups and downs, pros and cons. But for the most part, I am still enjoying it. I still love the store and all the merchandise. But still haven't seen all of it. Usually at the end of a 6 hour shift, I just want to get out of there. But when I'm home, I wished I stayed to browsed and get more familiar.

In the meantime, I am loving my department - "beads". I can see why it might drive some people crazy. There are literally thousands of products and they are constantly being moved around by customers. It's never ending but when I am able to straighten up and put things in their right places...it satisfies something in me.

Little by little, I am getting to know instantly where something may belong. The first day I was placed there, I felt lost. But quickly turned that around and since I was basically left alone, was able to get a feel of my area. But after 5 hours of getting most of everything back into it's proper places, I felt resentful when customers came in. I didn't want anyone to touch anything! LOL

Being in an environment that promotes creativity is truly fulfilling to my heart. Although I don't feel as if I have the time to make any crafts these days, the ideas are always there.

Christmas is throughout the store. Last year, I decorated a wreath and this year I did the same - in hopes of showing Michael's and maybe I can even sell them. Never know! But even if that doesn't happen....decorating the wreath made me happy.






No comments: