Sunday, November 20, 2011

The Chew

I don't really remember when it started but I have been attending tapings of morning shows for awhile. The first one was about 16 years ago and it was Regis & Kathie Lee. Went a couple of times. But it is a live show at 9am so a person needs to be there super early.

Later, started to attend Rosie, Martha Stewart, her daughter's Whatever, The View, Tony Danza and then Mike & Juliet (a local morning show on Fox), Rachel Ray, Wendy Williams, Nate and Anderson Cooper. Yep...has kept me (us) busy! But it's a nice way to spend some time with friends and family. And sometimes...we hit the jackpot...great giveaways! But mostly, it's a show and lunch afterwards. Fun!

The other day, Connie (her tickets), Kathy, Winnie and I went to see a brand new show..The Chew. It was surprisingly better than I expected. I liked that they got their "stuff" down. We have gone to "first time" tapings and oh boy...it becomes a long day as they try to work out the kinks. But this was pretty good but it is a cooking show and I think, as a food show, they should give out at least one sample of something to the whole audience instead of only a chosen few. But it certainly whetted the appetite! The four of us enjoyed a delicious lunch at Big Wong's. A good day all around!




Photos courtesy of Connie

1 comment:

Evelyn said...

Carla was a favorite contestant of mine when she was on Top Chef and I can only imagine how kooky she is on The Chew!