Saturday, November 26, 2011

Turkey Day 2011

The thing I love most about Thanksgiving at my mom's is that the menu is pretty much set. Turkey, stuffing, mash with gravy, sweet potatoes, stringbeans, jellied cranberry sauce and homemade rolls. For as long as I can remember, I am in charge of the turkey and stuffing. My mom, the sweet potatoes. Kathy kneads and bakes the rolls and when Nikki & Kris were old enough, became responsible for the mash. Dessert is the only variance. But it's always a feast. This year did not disappoint. Kris baked a blueberry pie. Kathy made her famous pumpkin roll and a pumpkin pie. Miranda & Evelyn made apple crisp and chocolate bark. Nikki provided sugar cookies with sprinkles. It was all oh-so-lovely!

And as much as the food is a big part of the day...the very best part is having the family all together. I am indeed blessed and very thankful!




Chocolate Bark


An array of riches





Our beautiful kids!

1 comment:

Evelyn said...

WOW!!!! They are even more beautiful than I realize! xoxo